WHAT IS UBC MEAL SHARE?
For some students, a lack of financial access to nutritious food adds an additional layer of worry and challenge to their lives. This can have significant impacts on wellbeing and academic success.
If you’re a UBC student experiencing food insecurity, you can apply for non-repayable funds to access food through the UBC Meal Share program.
Consider applying to the Meal Share program if you are:
- worrying about running out of food before there is money to buy more
- cutting the size or skipping meals because there isn’t enough money for food
- going a whole day without eating because there isn’t enough money for food
The UBC Meal Share Program is made possible through the generous support of the UBC community.
When accessing food from the options above, no one will know you received support from the UBC Meal Share Program. Your personal information will only be viewed by Meal Share Program administrators.
Privacy Notification: Your personal information is collected under the authority of section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA). This information will be used for the UBC Meal Share Program.
How to apply
UBC VANCOUVER STUDENTS
Meal Share funds are available to current UBC Vancouver students who self-identify as experiencing financial barriers to accessing adequate and appropriate food and who meet the eligibility criteria listed below. Contact email@example.com for support.
- Must be currently registered in courses
- Have a valid student number and UBC email address
- Cannot have more than $25 pre-loaded on their UBC Card
- Cannot currently be on a first-year residence meal plan
- Can only receive the funds once per academic term
- Agree to complete a confidential survey and be contacted by Meal Share staff
The Vancouver Meal Share Program application will open on February 5 and close on February 11. Processing time to distribute funds to Meal Share recipients may take up to 3 weeks.
UBC OKANAGAN STUDENTS
The Meal Share program for UBC Okanagan will run from September 2023 to April 2024. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for support.
- January 8, 2024 at 8am
- February 8, 2024 at 8am
- March 8, 2024 at 8am
- April 8, 2024 at 8am
The program opens each month and will accept applications until the allocated monthly funding level has been reached. Processing time to distribute funds to Meal Share recipients may take up to 3 weeks.